I Quit Sugar | Chicken & Quinoa soup


In winter, there’s nothing better than a warming bowl of soup for lunch. There aren’t too many recipes that took my eye in the I Quit Sugar book, but I found this one online which is perfectly okay. It’s basically winter in a bowl: hearty, has a kick and is packed full of veg. Plus it can be froze in portions and still tastes good once it’s defrosted. This recipe makes 6 portions.
Ingredients
·         A packet of chicken thighs (I think I used four)
·         100g quinoa (uncooked weight)
·         1 red onion, diced
·         4 stalks celery, chopped
·         3 medium carrots, chopped
·         ½ packet tenderstem broccoli, chopped
·         1 vegetable oxo
·         1 chicken oxo
·         2 ½ pints water
·         Pinch of cayenne pepper
·         Pinch of paprika
·         Salt and pepper
Method
·         Season the chicken with a rub made from the salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika and roast in the oven for 20 minutes
·         Once cooked, shred the meat off the bone and set aside
·         In a large saucepan, heat some oil and add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 4 minutes
·         Add the stock and quinoa and bring to the boil, before simmering (lid on) for 12 minutes
·         Add the broccoli and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes
·         Add the chicken and warm through, seasoning again if necessary
It really is filling as well. There’s no need for bread, ryvitas or anything as it’s a meal in itself. 

Oh and for all you working girlies, I thoroughly recommend this – it’s what I take my soup work in, and can easily be heated up in the microwave. Just give it two minutes. Let me know below if you try this recipe and what your thoughts are.

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig