Blueberry & Chia Smoothie


Since getting my Blend Active, I’ve obsessed with blitzing and there’s no better way to start the day than with a smoothie. I’ve looked at hundreds of recipes and cannot believe how many people think certain foods are healthy. Doing the eight week I Quit Sugar programme has made me re-evaluate food choices and so many opt for high-fructose fruits, thinking they’re okay. I saw this recipe online and adapted it (I left out the honey). This will make two smoothies and will be fine overnight in the fridge.
Ingredients
·         4 tbsp chia seeds
·         80g blueberries
·         400ml unsweetened almond milk
·         Pinch of cinnamon

Method
·         Soak the chia seeds overnight (optional)
·         Put all the ingredients in the blender and blitz

So it may not be the prettiest of colours, thanks to all the dark ingredients, but it tastes really good. The cinnamon adds a touch of sweetness, to prevent sugar cravings. Once blended, the chia seeds have a much creamier texture and add much needed protein and fibre. This smoothie contains 166kcal, 0.2g saturated fat and 3.6g of sugar (that’s less than a teaspoon and a third less than a banana!)
 
What are your favourite smoothie recipes?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig