Blogmas #19 A Pre-Christmas meal at Tredwells

Dining, Review, London, Tredwells, Covent Garden, FdBloggers, Fine Dining
On the nineteenth day of Blogmas... At the weekend, I went out with my friend Vicky for our annual pre-Christmas meal and catch-up. We had the evening booked well in advance and Vicky had recommended Marcus Wareing’s trendy restaurant, Tredwells, as she had been a number of times before. We only ever go to decent restaurants, so I was looking forward to it – it’s somewhere I’ve been meaning to go to for a while.

The reservation was made for 7:30pm, but I arrived super early (as I was coming straight from Canons Park), so upon arrival, I headed to the bar – where I enjoyed a couple of mulled wine Bellinis. Even at this time, the restaurant was reasonably full and the bar scene, lively. I had some savoury popcorn whilst I waited for Vicky and when she arrived, she joined me on the Bellinis. We didn’t have too long to wait for our table – and we were seated downstairs on the lower ground floor.
Dining, Review, London, Tredwells, Covent Garden, FdBloggers, Fine Dining
Dining, Review, London, Tredwells, Covent Garden, FdBloggers, Fine Dining
I could have spent ages studying the menu, everything sounded amazing – and there’s a clear focus on quality, over quantity. After much deliberation, we both decided to skip the starters and have a dessert instead. None of the starters really jumped out at me anyway, but I’ll always opt for a sweet. I chose the iberico secreto pork, with radicchio, piquillo crème fraîche and bergamot. It was a beautifully presented dish and all the flavours complemented each other. The pork was so well cooked, the radicchio was slightly charred and the piquillo crème fraîche was sweet. I was going to have steak originally, but I definitely made the correct decision. Vicky had the field mushroom filled ravioli, with wild mushrooms and spring onions. It was also well presented – and you can read more about her dish, here. We both also ordered a side of triple-cooked chips, which came with a jar of hollandaise mousse. Wow – who knew chips could be so good? And the mousse was unlike anything I’ve ever had before – it was incredible!
Dining, Review, London, Tredwells, Covent Garden, FdBloggers, Fine Dining
We both chose the same dessert: the white chocolate mousse with espresso granite and tonka. The mousse was creamy, but super light. The chocolate was so subtle, but not in any way overpowered by the coffee. We also ordered espresso martinis – and they were probably one of the best I’ve ever had. The coffee element was quite strong. We both struggled to sleep that night, clearly on a coffee high!
Dining, Review, London, Tredwells, Covent Garden, FdBloggers, Fine Dining
The evening was just spot-on, from the excellent service and the quality food, to the ambience, both at the bar and down in the restaurant. Even though it was a busy Saturday evening in the lead-up to Christmas, like Vicky said, the service never faltered – we were well looked after.

We go to Bob Bob Ricard in a few weeks – and I cannot wait for that. But Tredwells is definitely up there as one of my new favourite restaurants.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig