Fashion: Holiday buys (1)


I’m going away in under three weeks and I’m so excited! It may only be four days and to Madrid, which is where I went with my parents last year, but it’s also mine and Jake’s first holiday.
I made a list of all the bits I needed to get – let’s be honest, holidays are always better with new clothes, and boy did I need some. I’ve been purchasing in drips and drabs, so I thought I’d share my first couple of bits, all from Boohoo.
Shelli jersey bralet in black (£6)
I’ve been looking for a top to wear with a high-waisted maxi skirt for ages and on the website, the model was wearing one of these teamed up with a skirt I had previously ordered (but was out of stock – boo!). I got the s/m being a 10/12, but it came up a lot smaller than I expected. I think I’m seriously going to need to crash diet before I go, because I’d definitely feel self-conscious wearing it at the moment – it’s probably the motivation I need, though. I chose it in black because it’d go with more things already in my wardrobe and I’d be more likely to wear again when I’m home, to afternoon drinks or a summer picnic/barbecue.
Racer back maxi dress in orange (£12)
Believe it or not, having overhauled my wardrobe, I appeared to have ZERO maxis remaining. It’s a summer necessity, so a couple were quite high on my priority list. Going away for four days, I thought buying one plain and one patterned would be good as they’re light-weight and easy to pack and at least half of my outfits will be sorted then. There are so many colour options on the Boohoo website and it was hard to choose only one – I’m sure I’ll be back buying a couple more before I go. I went with the orange in end because it’s so vibrant and I knew it’d look good with a tan. It comes with the cute plaited belt, but of course you can add your own – I think I’ll keep the provided one though.
Geo print scoop neck maxi dress (£15)
I was initially after a floral maxi, but immediately I was drawn to the print on this one. It’s also a little different to anything I usually wear. I love the rainbow colours, which are really pretty and a lot nicer than one block colour – and like I say, the print is gorge! It’s really loose-fitting as well and like the other I purchased, is light-weight which makes it perfect for packing. I’m now after a little jacket to wear with this and a pair of black wedges, if anyone knows of somewhere with a decent selection (in a size 7)?

Which summer trends are you currently loving? And where do you get most of your holiday buys?
 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig