Holiday buys (3)


Before going away, I kept you up to date with my holiday haul and the final bits and pieces are all from Forever 21, which I’ll be blogging about in this post. I’ve never actually been inside Forever 21, despite walking past it countless times at Westfield, Stratford, but having browsed the website in search of a couple of necessities (!), I’ll definitely be sure to check it out again. Everything is so well-priced and the quality of the items I bought is very good, it’s win-win.
I never wear hats because I find they don’t suit me, but my boyfriend suggested I bought a summer hat for holiday (I think he had envisaged what he wanted me to wear!). After seeing a couple of Asos and Accessorize, I came across this at a fraction of the price – it’s definitely my summer bargain! It retained its shape when packed in my suitcase and the brim isn’t overly floppy, so it remains in a nice position when worn – plus the colour means it’d go with most things and is a great way of accessorising. A couple of people on Twitter (@Luuuce_x) and Instagram (lucylocket_x) have complimented me on it as well, so that’s a huge bonus and I’ll definitely be wearing it more when the weather gets better here.
I chose this skirt because I don’t think you can ever have too many skirts and they make a nice change from dresses. The midi length is suitable for any occasion or time of day, depending on what you team it up with, so it’s really practical. This was available in two colours: coral and mint. I have so much coral in my wardrobe, the mint made a nice change and it isn’t a colour I’d normally wear, but it’s such a summer colour, even though it looks a lot darker in the picture. Because the material is so stretchy, you can either wear it as a midi or even have it high-waisted so the hem sits above the knee.
Lastly I bought this pink peplum top – I’m still loving the peplum trend and the style definitely suits my figure. I wore this out in the evening for a meal, wearing it with wet-look leggings and a denim jacket, as well as gladiator sandals. My favourite thing is the back – it’s almost backless, but with a twist: it’s got a heart cut-out, which is very cute! The girly pink and overall design (including capped sleeves) is very feminine and although I had a Marilyn moment when stepping outside the hotel, it’s comfy and looks good!

Have you shopped at Forever 21 recently? What are your favourite pieces from their holiday collection?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig