I haven’t written any recipe posts for ages, but I thought I’d share one of my favourite recipes – I try and have it once a week. It’s reasonably healthy as well and can be served in a number of ways. If you don’t like salmon, keep your eyes peeled for my next post.
You will need (per person):
- A fillet of salmon
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp of fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp of chilli flakes
One of my favourite dinners, it’s best to leave the top of the parcel uncovered, so the edges caramelise.
- Combine the ingredients of the marinade in a ramekin
- Place the salmon in a foil parcel and pour over the marinade
- Cook on gas mark 6 for 20 minutes
I normally serve this with vegetables, green works best (Sainsbury’s do an amazing combination of broccoli/sugar snaps/asparagus) or stir-fried vegetables. Salad would work equally as well.
I cooked this the other week as a first attempt, making it up as I went along. It surprisingly turned out really well.
- Cook the salmon for 20 minutes under the grill on in the oven (gas mark 6)
- Boil a pan of water and add the tagliatelle (I used 40g)
- Five minutes from the end of cooking, steam 100g of tenderstem broccoli
- In a bowl, create the marinade and then add the salmon, flaked
- Drain the pasta and cut the broccoli stems into thirds
- Add the salmon and add more soy if necessary
Will you be giving this a go?