OOTD: Afternoon Tea in Mayfair


After receiving a number of emails from AX Paris over the last couple of weeks, I finally gave in and started buying for my summer wardrobe. With pay day this week, it meant I couldn’t splurge, but there are so many cute bits and pieces I have my eye on. I only bought a dress and a playsuit and on Saturday I wore one of my new purchases. I went for afternoon tea in Mayfair with my friend Laura – this is what I wore:
Dress – AX Paris *** Jacket – AX Paris *** Boots – Boohoo *** Bag – Ted Baker
I am totally in love with collar and cuff dresses on AX Paris, there’s such a great choice of colours, prints and styles. I blogged about my other dress here. I could not resist this little number – it’s pastel pink and floral print; win/win! The material is a lot thicker than I was expecting, but I didn’t feel too hot in it, despite walking around London for hours. I love the fact it’s stretchy as well and it fits perfectly. I won’t lie, I was a bit disappointed that this dress doesn’t have white cuffs like some of the others I’d seen online, but I am really happy with the print and know I’ll be wearing it loads. I love the Peter Pan-esque collar and luckily, this one doesn’t do up at the back (the elastic fastening on my other dress recently perished – devo’d!) so is a lot easier to put on as well.

I chose to accessorise with my mini Ted Baker shopper bag, which is also a pastel pink with grey bow. It was also just the right size for the day’s event... until I realised I needed a couple of bits in Superdrug at Westfield and ended up raided the Lush at Liverpool Street on my way home. I always use my work bag on a daily basis, so it was lovely to give this one a little outing again.
For comfort, I wore my Boohoo boots – and I love them! The studs instantly add attitude to any outfit. I also wore my quilted jacket from AX Paris, as I didn’t know what the weather would be like. Luckily we missed the rain, but this was light enough to wear while walking around the city – although I did take it off when we were on tube.
What did you wear at the weekend and where did you go?

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig