Sunday Snapshots #28


I love that I’ve finally managed to stop biting my nails, which means I can finally use all the nail polishes I’ve collected – this means a pretty colour every week (they never seem to last any longer). Last week I used the polish I got in my Latest in Beauty box and I’m so pleased with the quality and finish. The colour is so vibrant and it brightened up many a dull work outfit. I have since repainted them – Ciaté’s Sugared Almond shade is my favourite at the mo.

Tuesday, as you can, was an awful day. I was driving to work when I got a puncture. I eventually managed to find somewhere to stop and pull over but I was in a complete state of panic – made worse when someone, who tried to help, said I could have quite easily crashed! Luckily the AA came and sorted it all out, but I was left without the car for two days, meaning I had to get the train into work (Greater Anglia, £19 from Shenfield to Colchester is pretty much daylight robbery, btw...). Thankfully, it was all fine for Friday, so I definitely had the Friday feeling!

I cheered myself up by finally opening my Hotel Chocolat chocolate collection box – how cute are these? I got a leaflet in an AX Paris (or similar) parcel about joining their club and I got these bad boys for £6 – I know, I’m easily impressed! I’m surprised by the self-control, but I’ve only had five so far and my current fave is the crème brûlée inspired choc.

On Friday, my friend Laura came to mine after work and we went out in Brentwood for dinner and drinks. I’d not been into town for a night out in ages and it’s usually best to avoid, what with the whole TOWIE thing. We got some food in Chimichanga, before settling on the 2-for-1 cocktails at Slug & Lettuce. After starting on a weird concoction called Solero (it was like an alcoholic actimel!), I stuck to Dune Bugs, which were lush. It was so nice to go out as the last time we did, Laura was ill and could barely speak.

On Saturday, we both spent the day in London and had afternoon tea at Flemings Hotel in Mayfair. The hotel was really lovely and while I enjoyed the savouries, scones and pastries on offer, I could help but make comparisons with my previous experience. On our way back, we walked through Hyde Park, before seeing Buckingham Palace and made our way to Charing Cross, where we got the tube. Thankfully we missed the rain all day and had a great time. I love spending time with my good friends.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend,

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig