Sunday Snapshots #33


Other than Wednesday when I had a really bad day and just wanted to get home from work and eat crap, I’ve been trying to eat healthy. It’s only a couple of weeks before I go on holiday to Portugal and I’m nowhere near bikini ready yet – eek. I’m going to start eating porridge with a mug of green tea for breakfast and in the evenings, do a couple of Blogilates videos. This was my fave breakfast of the week – strawberry & banana Innocent smoothie with a fruit salad.
I love trying out new products and since I got my hair coloured, I’ve found my locks to be really dry and when I wash it, it becomes tangled easily. I’ve been using this shampoo and hair mask conditioner twice a week and have already started to notice a different. I love Kerastase and believe it’s worth paying more for such high quality products. Their oils are great for frizz, I always have a bottle on the go during the summer months and in general, I find their products to be good – and they smell lush too!
This week’s #TBT really got me in the holiday mood, as well as bringing back some good memories. Months ago at work, I did a training module online and there was an opportunity to win a trip for two to Barcelona – guess who won! I had to upload this photo to their Facebook page, but what a great incentive – it’s by far the best competition I’ve ever won. You can read about my holiday here or see which restaurants I rated.
A Friday selfie! I kept everything simple – from my outfit to my hair and makeup... sometimes simple is so much better. I love the colour my hair has gone, a combination of the weather and the products I’ve been using; while I think a lot of my current makeup bag will end up being in my August Favourites! I’ve been using lots of new products and have definitely noticed a difference in my style – I’ve not found a need for layers and layers! It’s been so difficult dressing in this weather and I just know, as soon as I come back from holiday, it will effectively be autumn. I just kept it Basic H&M: a long sleeved black top with hot pink skirt for a bit of colour.
Ah the weekend at last – and even better, an extra day! I’ve spent most of it catching up on sleep and blogging. I’ve not slept well the last fortnight and been so busy-busy with work, when I’ve got in, I’ve not wanted to sit on my laptop. On Friday night, we had a Chinese takeaway and watched my parents’ Italy holiday video; on Saturday we had a steak dinner and I watched a film upstairs and tonight we are having roast pork with homemade apple pie and custard. Tomorrow, my brother is home so it’ll be Mexican night. Lots of good food is always a winner in my book!
How did you spend the Bank Holiday weekend?

2 comments

  1. ooh your hair looks so good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. win raybans and beauty goodies worth £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) Following your blog now! x

      Delete

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig