Simple Eats: Italian-inspired salad


I love salad, no matter what the time of year – I could eat it for lunch every day. The trouble is, I get so bored of chicken salad (made with whatever I can find in the fridge) – and I find preparation so time consuming. So last week I went all Italian and made this simple and gorgeous salad.
Serves 1
Ingredients
  • 8 cherry tomatoes, halved (I used a mixed punnet, so red and yellow)
  • A quarter of a whole cucumber, diced
  • 70g mozzarella, chopped
  • Five basil leaves, washed and ripped
  • 2 slices of Parma ham (or equivalent), ripped (optional)
Method
  • Mix the tomatoes and cucumbers in a salad bowl
  • Add the mozzarella
  • Top with the Parma ham
  • Garnish with basil
And that is all there is to it. You could even add some seasoning or some balsamic vinegar to dress, but I found the meat and cheese to be salty enough – and the strength of the basil (which I took from our garden) adds a lovely fresh flavour.
 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig