Did you know something? Since I started quitting sugar, I’ve honestly not craved pick n mix, cakes or biscuits. Weird, considering the amount of sweeties I used to eat. I’ve even started snacking simply on savoury. But this recipe caught my eye straight away, because it looked so yummy in the book and it is amazing! Any sweet cravings I’ll have will soon go away after a shard of this tasty nuttiness.
Dependent on how big you break the block, this will make 12-15 shards.
· 75g coconut oil, melted
· 4tbs almond butter/spread, melted
· 2tbs coconut flakes
· Pinch of rock salt
· 1 square of 85% cacao chocolate, grated
· Line a baking tray with baking paper
· Combine the coconut oil, almond butter and coconut flakes in a bowl
· Spread on the tray and sprinkle with salt and chocolate
· Freeze for 20-30 minutes before removing and break into shards
· Store in an air-tight container in the fridge/freezer
I leave mine in the freezer because the shards soon melted in the fridge. This sweet treat really reminds me of something but I can’t figure out what. It’s crunchy, cold, nutty deliciousness. This is possibly my favourite recipe to date. If you’re looking to stop eating sweets and chocolate, give it a go!