Degustabox | February Box


I know what you’re thinking, it’s the end of March and nearly April and I’m writing about the February Box, which had the inspirational name... February Box! I’ve finally tried out all the products and it’s a week until the next arrives. So what did I get in this month’s delivery?

·         Jar of Peanut Hottie
·         Bottle of Laimon Fresh
·         Packet of Lily O’Brien’s Cocoa Cookie Crunch
·         Tub of America’s Muffin Co gluten-free cakes
·         Two Schwartz Flavour Shots
·         Jar of Whole Earth peanut butter
·         Packet of Original Melba Thins
·         Two Beet It Sport pro-elite bars
·         Packet of Jack Links Original beef snack
Peanut Hottie is a gorgeous peanut-based hot drink, which reminds me Horlicks, in the sense, it’s so calming and perfect before bed. It’s really silky smooth and you simply need to add 4tsp to hot water and you’ve got your drink. I love it and even better – there’s a chocolate variety too.

I’d never heard of Laimon Fresh but I’m so glad I have now – I’ll definitely be purchasing it again. This sparkling drink is basically a non-alcoholic mojito mix of lemon-lime and mint. I’m sure it’d be even better with some rum and crushed ice!
Degustabox never disappoint with their sweet treats and the Lily O Brien’s Cocoa Cookie Crunch were a huge hit with all my family. The re-sealable pouch was great, although they didn’t last long! If you like milk chocolate and oreo-style biscuits, you’ll love these giant buttons of indulgence.

With three varieties of American Muffin Co gluten-free cakes up for grabs, I was half hoping for the chocolate brownies, but I wasn’t disappointed with the chocolate chip muffins I received. They weren’t as sweet as traditional muffins but were a lot more crumbly. Each box contains six and each is individually wrapped for optimum freshness. I’d definitely buy these as they’re perfect with an afternoon cup of tea at work.
I love packet seasonings and flavourings – they’re such a simple way of adding a bold hit to boring midweek meal. With two pots of Schwartz Flavour Shots in the box, I was in charge of the family dinner for two nights. All you need to do is add the blend of oil, herbs and spices to handful of fresh ingredients and you have a super easy meal for a family of four. I had the masala curry pot and a paella mix. Both were so flavoursome and created hearty meals. There are cheaper equivalents on the market, but I enjoyed trying these out.

The Whole Earth peanut butter was definitely this month’s winner. I love peanut butter but have recently opted for almond butter, which actually is so much tastier. This jar claims to be all-natural with no added sugar, gluten-free and high in fibre/protein. Even though it’s a smooth peanut butter, it contains sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds which give it a crunch and additional texture. It’s lush on toast with some banana.
For someone like me that likes to eat healthy and have light lunches, the Original Melba Toasts were great. Each pack is wrapped, so they’re great for working lunches. They are so versatile too. I had mine with philly & cucumber and pate, but you could have them with any topping – or even dip them in soup or accompany salads. I’ll definitely have these again.

The final two products were ones I knew I wouldn’t like and I didn’t – they both went to my dad. Beef jerky, imo, is the food of the devil so I didn’t enjoy the Jack Links Original beef snack and even though I like beetroot and flapjack, the Beet It Sport weren’t not my cup of tea at all.
 
Did you get February’s Box? Leave your links below so I can read your thoughts.

1 comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig