Splurge vs Steal V


This month I’m comparing an everyday essential – cleansers!

Splurge – Clarins Cleansing Milk with gentian for combination skin (available from clarins.co.uk) - £19.50 for 200ml
Steal – Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion (available from boots.com) - £3.29 for 200ml


Splurge – The Clarins cleanser has become one of my everyday essentials. Since receiving that and the toner in a carry case, I’ve not looked back. It’s great for removing makeup, leaving the skin feeling soft and supple. It’s got a light fragrance which isn’t too overpowering, nor does it irritate the skin. The plant extracts it contains (gentian, hawthorn and sage) are easy on the eye area too and don’t make them sore. I use this twice daily, in the morning to refresh the skin and in the evening when removing makeup. The only negative I have is, although it’s targeted for combination skin, I don’t feel it works. Particularly in the summer, or when it’s hot, my skin plays up a bit – this product doesn’t help rebalance and the oilier areas are still affected. The texture is good, it’s got that milky and light feel, so doesn’t feel greasy when applied, nor does it feel like it clogs the pores. I would recommend this product to those looking for a high-end cleanser, or for those looking for a new cleanser to incorporate into their daily routine.

Steal – The Simple brand is one familiar with us all, it’s one that I’ve used for years and is always a fail-safe. In fact, I don’t know how long I’ve had this product but it’s been sat on my dresser for ages, it lasts so long. In comparison to the Clarins cleanser, this is slightly thicker but it doesn’t feel sticky or heavy. It’s suitable for all skin types, which makes it such a good product to have lying around; it’s even recommended for sensitive skin as it has no fragrance. I personally dislike the fact it has no scent, as I prefer a lightly fragranced product, especially when one that has that ‘clean’, fresh smell. The Simple cleanser is a lot easier to apply as the squeezy tube ensures the product doesn’t come out too quickly. I would recommend this to teenagers or those new to cleansing, who are looking for a ‘first’ product.

Verdict?
Even though it loses points for not having any major impact on combination skin and for also having the most complicated squeezy mechanism ever, I have to go with Clarins. It’s worth spending a few more pounds of a product when it lasts as long as this does – it’s not as though you have to re-purchase it every week or month. This is my all-time favourite and actually rivals Elemis too. You could also save money by purchasing this kit.

Potential saving = £16.21
My saving so far = + £18.81

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig