Splurge vs Steal VI


If you read last month’s post, you’ll know I compared cleansing lotions – with Clarins coming out on top. It’s only right I now see which is the better toner.
Splurge – Clarins toning lotion with iris (available from http://www.clarins.co.uk/) - £19.50 for 200ml
Steal – Simple Kind to Skin soothing facial toner (available from http://www.boots.com/) - £3.29 for 200ml
Splurge – I’m a huge fan of Clarins products and believe when it comes to skincare, it’s worth paying more for a high quality product – especially when it’s one you use daily. Out of all the products I have used, the toner isn’t one of my favourites. I mean it does everything you’d expect from a toner: it removes traces of cleanser and makeup, it refreshes and brightens my skin. But for a product that is aimed at combination/oily skin, it has very little impact – particularly during the hot summer months. After a day at work, I found my face was shiny; while on holiday, the heat caused minimal breakouts and a flustered complexion. It may tick all the boxes, but it doesn’t benefit my skin type. On the plus side, it smells and good and isn’t harsh on the skin; nor does it leave a residue, like cheaper alternatives.

Steal – over the years, I’ve realised you can’t really go wrong with Simple, especially if you’re watching the pennies. I always have a selection of their everyday skincare products on my dresser, for when I’ve not ordered my high-end alternatives. The toner is one of my favourites: containing chamomile, which soothes and witch hazel, which tightens pores; the formula is non-drying and isn’t harsh. It’s suitable for all skin types, which is always a good thing – and it doesn’t irritate or sting sensitive skin either. The only negative in my opinion, is that it’s scent-free – I do like my products to be scented, even if it’s a subtle or light scent. I love to use this at night, followed by their light moisturiser.

Verdict?
On the basis that it does everything it claims, I have to go with Simple. It’s a solid product, that’s reasonably priced and one that I always go back to (even though I usually alternate that with high-end brands). I notice the difference to my skin when I don’t tone and this is just a good one to have on standby. It’s also a great starter product – or if you’re looking out for an alternative to your standard toner. Of all the brands I’ve tried, this is one of my favourites.

Potential saving = £16.21
My saving so far = + £35.02

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig