Tag | Festive favourites



I love a Tag post and when I saw this festive edition on Life by Laura, I just couldn’t resist. With all my presents wrapped, cards sent and written and only a half day left at work, I’m finally feeling festive!

1. Favourite Christmas smell?
It’s gotta be the Christmas dinner cooking away, especially when you wake up and smell the turkey in the oven! I also love Christmassy candles, I’m currently burning the Christmas Eve Yankee Candle, not that I can smell it with my cold

2. Gingerbread or Candy canes?
I have always wanted to build a gingerbread house, but my lebkuchen from Vienna was amazing and the gingerbread sandwich ice creams are currently my fave, so I have to go gingerbread

3. Is your tree real or fake?
It’s always real. Mum and Robert always go out to get it and then decorate it in our living room – red and gold to match the decor in there. It’s always so pretty. You can’t beat a real tree though: the smell of pine and dropping of the needles just screams Christmas
4. Quality Street or Roses?
I’m not fussy – just don’t give me the orange creams! I have to have the Country Fudge & Coffee Escape in Roses and the Vanilla Fudge & Green Triangle in Quality Streets

5. Do you dress up or down on December 25th?
Usually dress up, but don’t go over the top. I will wear a dress, but no shoes, as we just stay indoors and then if I have time, curl my hair. I don’t know what I’ll wear this year though

6. Do you have any specific festive traditions?
On Christmas Eve, we will always have Christmas ham, egg and chips for dinner – and eat in the dining room. Then we will play Monopoly, or another game. On Christmas Day, Robert still comes into my room in the morning and we open our stocking fillers, before going downstairs for a Champagne breakfast. Boxing Day (or the day after) is spent with Nan and Grandad 

7. Any embarrassing Christmas moments that come to mind?
It wasn’t embarrassing at the time, but looking back it is. There’s some video footage of Christmas 1998 somewhere, where my dad’s filming us open our presents. My brother gets a Toy Story lunchbox for school and soon as he opens it, I whinge “if I don’t get a lunchbox. I’m going to show off”. #8yearoldsproblems

8. Do you wake up early or late on Christmas morning?
We always wake up early – I can’t lay in at the best of times, but especially when it’s Christmas. These days, if I woke up late, I’d miss out on all the Champagne! ha

9. If you had a stocking where did you hang them?
We hang stockings on the fireplace, but they don’t get filled and are just for decoration. But we also have stockings in our room for all our smaller presents. I don’t think that tradition will ever end
10. Favourite festive film/s?
Agreeing with Laura on The Holiday and Love Actually on the rom com side! But then my all-time favourite from my childhood is The Snowman (even though it still makes me well up!). Miracle on 34th Street (the original, not the one with Matilda in!) is a family favourite, which I have to watch every year. Home Alone is a classic. And Four Christmases is SO underrated! I couldn’t pick one favourite

11. Was there a present you always asked for as a child but never received?
YES! My Baby All Gone and Mr Frosty. Every year I asked for both and I never got either. This still makes me sad

12. What was the best gift you received as a child?
I can’t remember all my gifts over the year. I know I was so pleased when I finally got one of those makeup head dolls (back in the day I wanted to be a hairdresser or beautician, ha). My dance mat was another stand out present

13. What is on top of your Christmas tree?
This year, it’s a gold star; usually it’s an angel

14. Favourite festive food?
I’m not sure which I prefer: the massive roast dinner on Christmas Day, or the cold cut buffets the following few days! I just love all the meats and salad, pickles and snacks. Don’t get me started on all the snacks

15. Favourite Christmas activity?
I have to agree with Laura again: spending time with the people you love. Good food, good wine, good company and good memories! There’s nothing better. I do our love our family annual outings London though, for dinner and the theatre
we are seeing A Christmas Carol this year
I’d like to tag a few of the babes from the meet-up earlier in the year. So Em, Gemma, Hannah and Kirsty, your turn!

And Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig