What I got for Christmas | 2015



I was really umming and ahhing about posting this. 1) I never know what constitutes as ‘too late’ and 2) I never know if people enjoy these posts, as the consensus is, it’s bragging. A Twitter poll and just over 24 hours later – and here I am, giving my readers what they want. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt about Christmas as I’ve got older, it’s that there is more to it than receiving presents. Earning money, I buy things as I need/want them and genuinely, my Christmas list stood at about 7 items. For me, it’s all about spending time with my family and seeing their faces as they open the presents I’ve bought.
The Jimmy Choo perfume was from my mum, but it was something I knew I’d be getting. I bought it on the way back from my work fam trip at Gibraltar Duty Free, as I’d tried the sample and fell in love. Mum said she’d give me the money for it, so that it would be wrapped up, ready to open on Christmas Day. Flash is a really sophisticated scent: a mix of fruits and florals, with notes of peppercorn. I’m a sucker for a pretty bottle, so that was another reason I had to have it.
If you saw my wish list post, you’ll know I’ve been lusting over the DiorSkin Star foundation, well forever! My brother picked me up a bottle, after reading the post and I’m so pleased it’s in my collection – honestly, it is amazing. I find it easy to build up coverage, but at the same time it doesn’t look heavy or feel like you’ve got layers on. I previously used Maybelline Fit Me and this is a million times better! He also got me my only item from Lush this Christmas: the Intergalactic bath bomb. I’ll be reviewing this soon!
You’ll probably see a running theme across all my presents from my best friend: Prosecco! The candle smells absolutely amazing and it’s a really good size. It’ll burn for ages and I’m really looking forward to lighting it. The bauble cocktails are the cutest things I’ve ever seen, so brightly coloured and I’m sure they’ll taste good too. The Bellini scented bodycare products smell good enough to drink – and the cosmetics bag they came in will be perfect for my 2016 travels! Thank you Laura.
My main present from Jake was the beautiful rose gold Marc Jacobs watch I’d wanted – which featured on my high-end wish list. It’s even more beautiful in person and I’m so grateful he bought it for me. I was never a watch wearer, but I think that changes when you find that perfect piece of arm candy. He also bought me the Disney princess 2016 diary, which is a decent size and will stay in my work/handbag. I was really pleased to receive the ‘One Line a Day’ five year journal which is beautiful and the perfect way to document memories. I started it on the January 1st and it’ll last until December 31st 2020 – I’m already excited to read it all back!
Jake’s family know me so well. His sister bought me a selection of my favourite things: a bottle of prosecco, a Yankee candle (in the scent soft cotton) and a beautiful statement necklace. I’ll definitely be wearing this to work loads, to glam up my outfits a bit. But the biggest surprise came from his parents. At the end of the month, I’ll be going to the Waldorf in London for prosecco afternoon tea. I’ve not been to that particular hotel, so I’m looking forward to getting dressed up and being all fancy. Of course, I’ll be blogging the afternoon!

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got for Christmas and don’t forget to leave your links below so I can see what you received.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig