What I did | Day in London


Last month, my best friend from childhood came to stay. We’ve been best friends since the age of three (so 23 years), but we don’t see much of each other as I’m in Essex and she’s in the Midlands. In fact, the last time I went up there was a couple of years ago – so far too long. The week before Gems came down, she messaged saying she fancied it – yay for spontaneity – and after sorting the train ticket, my next job to organise a day out! Unfortunately the weather was horrific so a lot of the things we had planned, we had to miss; although she did see Big Ben from the back of a taxi!
First up, how cute were we? This was taken at my sixth birthday at home. I’m sure we are dancing to the Spice Girls here. Blurry as, but how awful were cameras back in the day, anyway?
Like I say, we had planned on seeing so many sights and being proper tourists. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find Tower Hill from Fenchurch Street and with it pouring for rain, dived for cover in the pub. The Crutched Friar was a lovely traditional pub and we sat out the back with a bottle of wine (shortly followed by a pitcher of Woo Woo). We even made friends with a man who was arranging gifts around a table, for his best men. They all seemed to have a great time too!
At 3pm, we had afternoon tea booked at Mews of Mayfair. I had never been before but had been to Hush (with Vicky – post here), which is only a few doors down. Gemma had never been to afternoon tea before, so I wasn’t sure on booking somewhere new or somewhere I’d been to and loved – either way, she was in good hands! I’ll be blogging our experience soon, but we had an enjoyable afternoon.
The only other thing booked was dinner at 7, so as you can imagine, we had a few hours to kill. And when it’s raining, there’s only one option! Yep, we ended up drinking somewhere else. The destination of choice was All Bar One, Picton Place, close to Bond Street. It was the perfect place to sit and catch up, while people watching. Luckily it wasn’t too loud, despite being busy. We just relaxed and shared a couple of the teapot cocktails, while laughing at some very awkward first dates!
Dinner was booked at Buddha Bar – again, the post will follow. As you all know, I love sushi and there are loads of sushi places on my restaurant list; while it was a shame I couldn’t go to one of those, Buddha Bar was a great option. I’ve previously eaten at two of the other branches and can safely say, this lived up to the high expectations I had. We arrived early so had a drink in the bar first, but the meal was absolutely divine.

After getting the tube and train home, we had a fairly sad Saturday night, watching Take Me Out on catch up and drinking hot chocolate. It’s a shame we couldn’t have done more with the day, but the change of scenery and company did us both the world of good!
As a side note, my dress is Little Mistress. I teamed it up with tights and ankle boots. My lipstick is my current favourite: Immodest by Illamasqua, sealed with Soap & Glory XXL lip plumper.

Do you love spontaneous days out? Where’s your favourite place to go?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig