Restaurant review | Les 110 de Taillevent, Marylebone



Dining, Review, London, Les 110 de Taillevent, Book a Table, Marylebone, Fine Dining, Taster, Fdbloggers
As you may have seen in my last post, a couple of weekends ago, my friend Vicky had booked a table at Les 110 de Taillevent. It’s somewhere we had been meaning to go to for a while (and it’s also on my restaurant list) and this had been planned months in advance. Vicky had been prior to our visit, recommending the restaurant thoroughly. In case you were wondering, the name derives from the fact that there are 110 different types of wine served by the glass. This I cannot vouch for, maybe I’ll need a few more visits first.

Our table was booked for 7pm on Book a Table’s Star Deal offer – four courses and a glass of champagne for £35 per person. The set menu consisted of two choices for each course with its own wine pairing. There were four varieties of wine for each course ranging in price. Obviously we didn’t get to see the a la carte menu, but this deal we were on was excellent value for money and I thoroughly recommend seeking out the deal, if you can.

I loved everything about the restaurant – it was light and airy; the decor was sophisticated with dark woods and plush leather; the walls were adorned with images of Bordeaux’s vineyards and it just screamed French brasserie. The staff were excellent, the service was efficient and the food came to our table promptly, but beautifully presented. The atmosphere was warm and although we were eating fairly early, the restaurant was still reasonably busy.

We began with our inclusive glass of champagne, as we looked over the menus. Every drink that was served came with a small card explaining what it was and there was also a number, so that you could order a specific wine or champagne. I really wish I had taken note of these, as not only did they look good, but the champagne we had was beautiful – the second glass (which was paid for), was much crisper, colder and it was just perfect.
Dining, Review, London, Les 110 de Taillevent, Book a Table, Marylebone, Fine Dining, Taster, Fdbloggers
To eat, I began with the baby artichoke barigoule with parmesan and rocket. It was a really hearty dish, with plenty of earthy flavours. The saltiness of the parmesan wasn’t too overwhelming and the artichokes were soft making it an easy dish on the palate. Vicky chose the other option – the peas veloute, which was served cold and was very green!
Dining, Review, London, Les 110 de Taillevent, Book a Table, Marylebone, Fine Dining, Taster, Fdbloggers
To follow, both Vicky and I opted for the langoustine ravioli with a basil and citrus butter. I hadn’t had pasta this good since I was in Italy. We were presented with a giant ravioli, filled with langoustine and red pepper, which was incredibly light. I could have easily eaten this three or four times over. The basil and citrus butter was more like a foam and definitely included some of the seafood stock. Steve chose the other option, which was a lovely looking risotto, with asparagus – it was like spring in a dish and I think Vicky got food envy!
Dining, Review, London, Les 110 de Taillevent, Book a Table, Marylebone, Fine Dining, Taster, Fdbloggers
We both then chose the beef tenderloin medallion with bone marrow, red wine jus and violet mustard. We decided to try the wine pairing with this dish, which was a full-bodied red (if only I could remember what exactly it was) and complemented the rich flavours of jus and mustard well. The beef was excellently cooked – I had mine rare – and my first experience of bone marrow wasn’t actually that bad, although I still don’t actually know what it is. We definitely could have done with a couple of handcooked chips – but that’s me being fussy.
Dining, Review, London, Les 110 de Taillevent, Book a Table, Marylebone, Fine Dining, Taster, Fdbloggers
After a short pause (and another glass of champagne) the desserts were brought to us. I chose the nougat glace, which was the perfect end to the meal. It was more like a semi-freddo than an ice cream and was packed with pistachio nuts. The biscuits around the edge were incredibly moreish and also acted as a base. The sweet creaminess of the dessert  was met by the sharp contrast of red berry coulis – and I’m desperate to find the recipe as it was one of the nicest desserts I’ve ever had. Like everything else we ate, it was also beautifully presented. Vicky had the chocolate mousse, which would be a hit with any chocoholic! The waitress even brought over a jug of rich hot chocolate sauce to pour over the mousse at the table. I think it would have been far too sickly for me!

The quality and presentation of every dish was outstanding and as I mentioned before, nothing could be faulted. The Book a Table was excellent value and the options available were varied – but I need to return to sample the a la carte menu and see how much of the wine I can get through!

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig