YooHoo Mail Subscription | April

If you saw my March review, you’ll know I renewed my subscription for another three months and in today’s post, I’ll be letting you know the contents of the April YooHoo box. The theme this month was ‘Retro’ and I’d love to receive more themed boxes in the future – they’re definitely more interesting.
If you arent familiar, Yoohoo is a monthly subscription box for the stationery geeks amongst us. Each one comes beautifully wrapped and fits through your letter box. Containing items like greetings cards, to do lists, prints, stickers and postcards, they also make the most perfect gifts.
In this month’s box, we also received some fabulous freebies that fit the retro theme perfectly: a couple of balls of Anglo Bubbly bubblegum and a fortune-telling fish. I used to love both when I was growing up, so not only did it make me feel really nostalgic, but it was a lovely touch which made me smile.
Up first we have this month’s print which I absolutely love. I just love the simplicity of it. I need to get it framed and mounted on the wall next to my bed. I’m even considering creating a DIY frame, maybe with some glitter.
The smaller items this month included the strip of smiley face stickers and the phone list. I’ll definitely give the latter to my mum to add to the family address book, as I keep all my numbers in my phone and it’s pretty much with me all the time. The stickers are super cute – we last got a strip in February’s box for Valentine’s Day. I love to personalise envelopes or note paper with stickers, so I’ll definitely be using these soon.
The three cassette tape postcards added to the theme so well – I wonder how many people don’t know what a cassette is? Again, this item made me feel nostalgic (and old!), bringing back memories of when I’d record the UK Top 40 on my tape player, or worse, create a mix tape! I think these would look great on a mood board, or even on a personalised memorabilia board for a ‘big’ birthday. Maybe I’ll have to get creative!
And finally my favourite, the selection of greeting cards with matching envelopes. The Pacman design is really cool and this will make a great birthday card for one of my 80s baby friends. I particularly love the milkshake one which has the lyrics of the Kelis song on the front. I would love to receive this, because it would make me smile. I also like the colourful rollerblade one and as it’s blank inside and on the front, would make a great card to send to say ‘hello’ or catch up.
As always, the quality and variety of items was excellent and the boxes are such a clever idea and probably my favourite subscription I have. Like I say, they make an ideal gift because theyre wrapped and packaged so wonderfully; alternatively, they make a great self-purchase. The April box is now sold out – but you can subscribe to the three month option here.
Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig