Start the day with a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

My Breville Blend Active is pretty much my best friend. When I’m not using it to blitz my own tomato sauces, I love to start the day with a smoothie. I know you’re not supposed to have them every morning because you aren’t getting the ‘true goodness’ of fruit and veg – but this recipe is a delight. And it contains very little sugar!

I have already posted this recipe on my Instagram feed – I had a few people ask me to share the different recipes I try – but in case you missed it, here is my super easy, super tasty, peanut butter banana smoothie.

Serves: 1

Ingredients
·         200ml unsweetened almond milk (I always use Alpro)
·         1 medium-sized banana
·         1 tsp crunchy peanut butter (we have Meridian in the cupboard)
·         20g oats (or a small handful, if you’re being lazy)
·         1 scoop banana protein powder (link)
·         Water to mix

Method
·         Simple, put everything in the blender and blitz
Each serving contains 314kcal, but only 1.1g of saturated fat. The combination of banana and oats makes the texture thick and creamy, which I love in a smoothie. Because of this, it’s filling and I find that it keeps me full all morning. Thanks to the powder, it has a high protein count – making it a great post-workout ‘meal’ as well. I just love the combination of banana and peanut butter.
Will you be trying this recipe? Let me know your favourites in the comments.

Love, Lucy xx


 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig