Brunch like a Boss with my Everything Omelette

Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day. During the week, I love prepping things like chia seed bowls and overnight oats the day before; while there’s nothing better than the luxury of time over the weekend. I love to get creative with different dishes and flavour combinations – and on a Saturday or Sunday, a cooked breakfast is definitely what I require.
This recipe came about because, being a Saturday, there were loads of leftovers in the fridge. What better way to use them than in an omelette – so hence the name, I chucked everything in. Of course, you can go wild and put whatever you like in: kale, broccoli, mushrooms, cheese, chorizo... the list is endless.
Serves 1
Ingredients:
·         4-6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
·         Handful of spinach
·         1 slice of Parma ham / prosciutto
·         2 eggs, beaten
·         Black pepper to season
Method:
·         In a frying pan, heat some fry light
·         Cook the tomatoes and ham for two minutes
·         Add the spinach and cook until wilted
·         Add the eggs and leave to cook until the bottom has browned and edges start to cook
·         Remove from the hob and heat under a low grill setting until the top has cooked (be careful with the handle of the frying pan!)
·         Remove and serve
I love to have high-protein breakfasts, as I find they help set me up for the day. That’s why during the week, I love oats, chia seeds and nuts. If I’m lazy, I’ll have a protein shake. Obviously, this contains a lot of different food groups and the more veg you pack in, the better. 
Will you be trying this recipe? Let me know your favourites in the comments.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig