Instagram #7

Instagram, Life, Update, Personal, Social Media, Lucylocket_x
Happy Birthday Daddy – OOTD: Dad’s birthday lunch – Finally blogged pre-holiday cocktails at Carriages – Throwback Thursday: the family edit – Lushest. Brunch. Ever. – Afternoon tea with Vicky at Mr. Fogg’s Residence – Happy Birthday Mumma – OOTD: Mum’s birthday celebrations in London – Current obsession: this Snapchat filter – Working breakfast – Bloggers Required assignment with Barraka – Tuesday night wine time

I don’t know about you, but July was a busy month for me. First up, I had my work awards night, which was great fun. Then it was what would have been my dad’s 56th birthday. We celebrated it with lunch at The Bell at Horndon-on-the-Hill, one of his favourite pubs. I posted my outfit and few photos of the meal in this post. Then afterwards, we went to the garden centre and bought some plants for the grave. It looks so much better now with proper bedding soil and some beautiful flowers. And of course, it was just nice that it was the three of us together.

Another occasion I blogged was afternoon tea at Mr. Fogg’s Residence with one of my good friends (and fellow blogger), Vicky. It was exactly what I needed on a Sunday afternoon and the venue and experience was totally unique. I honestly need one of those champagne tea pots now.

July also saw my mum’s birthday. I booked the day off work and treated her to a day in London. We got the train just before midday and went straight to Northbank Restaurant for lunch. We then went to see the Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition at the Tate Modern, before walking along the Thames. After a quick pit stop at Costa in Hay’s Galleria, we met by brother (after work) for drinks at St. Katherine’s Dock and then had a dinner reservation at Tom’s Kitchen (will be on the blog next week, I promise). It was a really lovely day: the sun was shining, we did plenty of walking and had a few drinks as well.

At the end of the month, I was lucky enough to be invited to Mediterranean street food restaurant, Barraka at Spitalfields. This was a fantastic opportunity and I dashed to Shenfield station after work on the Friday to get the train to Liverpool Street. I had so much fun sampling the food on offer – and it was just a really good change of scenery!

I’ve been posting loads of my meals lately and I’m pleased to reveal that on Wednesday I hit my target weight. After little over three months of some pretty tough love to myself, I reached a stone and in turn, got down to the weight I’ve wanted to be for four years – I am SO happy! I am going to be posting my journey and meal plans and things in the next fortnight, so keep your eyes peeled. I would love to post more recipes as well – let me know if you’d like to see these.

What have you been up to lately?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig