Degustabox | July box

Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
If youve not heard of Degustabox, then where have you been? Its a food & drink monthly subscription box bringing you 10-15 surprise products, many which are new to the market. When you sign up, you get to fill in your very own profile, meaning a couple of the products may differ. Its actually the highlight of my week when this little beauty arrives on my doorstep so what was in July’s box?

·          A bottle of Sarson’s balsamic vinegar
·         A packet of Rowntree’s fruit pastille infusions
·         A bottle of ALO aloe vera drink
·         A packet of Jordan’s swiss-style muesli
·         Two packets of Itsu crispy seaweed thins
·         A jar of Felix gherkins
·         Four packets of Bahlsen choco Leibniz biscuits
·         A packet of Seabrooks crisps
·         Two cans of Berry White sparkling drink
·         A can of Qcumber drink
·         A packet of Brookside chocolates
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Beginning with the drinks this month and I absolutely loved the fruity sparkling drinks by Berry White. They weren’t too sweet and not overly carbonated – I definitely preferred the cranberry & guava to the lemon & ginger. Made for a summer’s day, I found them refreshing and perfect for rehydrating. Equally as refreshing was the Qcumber drink: a mix of sparkling water and cucumber extract. It would have been really lovely over ice with a slice of lemon or lime, too. I’m still yet to try the ALO drink, infused with aloe vera. It does sound interesting though.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
There was some brand repetition, with Sarson’s featuring again. I do love balsamic vinegar, whether it’s used in cooking, a salad dressing or glaze; but I was slightly disappointed to receive it again. Anyone else think Degustabox need to start mixing it up more? I’m afraid to admit, I am one of those weirdos that love gherkins, so the jar by Felix will go down a treat for sure.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
The Jordan’s muesli was a big hit with all the family, as it’s a brand we are familiar with and regularly buy. I am loving muesli at the moment for breakfast. I don’t eat cereal, but those that follow my Snapchat will know I’m on the bircher and yogurt hype.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
In terms of savoury snacks, there was a mixture of good (the Itsu seaweed thins) and the bad (a share-size bag of Seabrooks crisps). The ‘peel and share’ opening was such a good idea – and something so many brands are trying at the moment – but I really wasn’t a fan of the flavour, chicken jalfrezi... I don’t like curry, though. I have seen the seaweed thins before, but never actually bought them – but oh my, they were good. They made for such a creative (and quick) lunch. I topped mine with crabstick & avocado, cream cheese & smoked salmon and spicy chicken & cucumber – and ate them like open sandwiches. They were lush.
Degustabox, Food, Drink, Monthly Subscription, Fdbloggers, Unboxing
Further brand repetition came by way of Bahlsen Choco Leibniz biscuits. The snack size portions (two per pack) were great for that afternoon office slump and with four packets included in this month’s box, it was almost enough to last the week. As a family, we bought further Bahlsen products and although these had featured before, I didn’t mind receiving them again. The Fruit Pastille Infusions were so much nicer than the standard flavours and the apple & elderflower was certainly my favourite – why can’t they replace lime? And finally there was a little bit of luxury with the Brookside dark chocolate pomegranate jellies. Okay in small doses, I found the texture a bit odd – and they were quite sweet and sickly.

Try your first box, with a £7 discount. Either follow this link. Or go to the website and enter my special reference code: LUCYW-2B19. Enjoy!

What were your thoughts on the July box?

Love, Lucy xx


No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig