My Guilt-Free Carrot Cake Pancakes

As my previous foodie post suggests, I absolutely adore brunch. I’m going to be blogging about my bottomless affair with Big Easy next week, but in the mean time, let’s go clean with my guilt-free carrot cake pancake recipe. Why guilt-free I hear you ask? Well because there’s no sugar involved. I know, a recipe that contains carrot cake and pancake mix without being over-indulgent. It certainly isn’t too good to be true. This recipe makes eight decent size pancakes, serving four quite easily.

Ingredients
·         100g oats
·         3 medium eggs
·         1 medium carrot, chopped
·         3 tsp cinnamon
·         2 tsp ground ginger
·         1 tsp baking powder
·         4 tbs natural yogurt

Method
·         Put all the ingredients in a blender, mixing until smooth
·         Spray Fry Light into a frying pan and heat
·         Ladle the mixture into the frying pan, making two pancakes at a time
·         Turn with a spatula once the edges start to crisp
·         Serve with yogurt and chopped nuts (and sultanas, if desired)

What I love about this recipe is that you can make eight pancakes in bulk, freeze them and then re-toast when required. I find the best thing to do is separate each with a bit of greaseproof paper and keep them in a Tupperware box or sandwich bag. And they really do taste like carrot cake, without the calories (and sugar!).

Please let me know if you try this or any of my other recipes.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig