October favourites



Hello November, you came around far too quickly! So a new month means another new monthly favourites post. Let’s find out what I was loving in October.

The first item is the only fashion related one and it’s my favourite pair of ankle boots. I bought these in Primark back in September when I was staying with my best friend, Gemma. I’ve had some lovely comments at work about these and they’re so comfortable. I saw another pair in tan which were beautiful, but unfortunately they weren’t available in a 7. By Primark standards, the boots are good quality and I’m sure I’ll be wearing them throughout winter.

I’ve been meaning to blog this hand cream for absolute ages and it’s a shame it’s featuring now, when the tube has run out. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of Heathcote & Ivory before but I’ll definitely be purchasing this hand cream again. It has got me through many a work morning wash (is there any worse job?) and there’s nothing better than silky soft hands.I just love the mix of floral scents with vanilla and pink peppercorn. And of course, Shea Butter is so moisturising.

Another big love of mine recently are the Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker Lip Lacquers – I’m seriously obsessed. I have three shades in my collection (Charm Offensive, Whatchama-coral and Whoppink) but I must add to them. The lacquers are long-lasting and stay put for hours, even after food and drink. I find them a little on the sticky side, but at least they don’t dry the lips, like other brands. The coverage is just perfect.

I got the Bare Minerals Pure Brightening Serum Foundation in a Latest in Beauty box and immediately fell in love. I wish the sample was a larger size, as there was only enough product for five working days. I am a big fan of foundation serums as I find them much lighter on the skin and easier to blend/build on. This one is no different and it even looks light once applied, making my makeup flawless. The days I wore this to work, a few people noticed the difference as I usually cake my foundation on. I never thought I’d replace my current foundation, but move over Dior!

And finally I am addicted to my Jawbone Up. One of the girls at work had one and raved about it, to the point I caved and bought one. It’s definitely making me a bit more active during the week and I love keeping track of my steps – even if 10,000 a day is a little optimistic. It also tracks sleep patterns and I try and aim for seven hours a day. I also really like that this device looks more like a bracelet, rather than some other ‘watches’ on the market. The colour is very neutral and it looks subtle when worn. I try and check my stats twice a day – in the morning to see how I’ve slept the night before and in the evening, to track my daily activity. Would you like to see a post on this?

What were your October favourites?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig