Blogmas #20 Five Festive Nail Polishes

2016, BarryM, Blogmas, Christmas, Ciaté, Nails, Nails Inc, Shu Uemura,
2016, BarryM, Blogmas, Christmas, Ciaté, Nails, Nails Inc, Shu Uemura,
On the twentieth day of Blogmas... I thought I’d share some of my favourite festive nail polishes. I’m neither patient enough, nor creative enough to try nail art; it’s always one colour – or two if I’m rocking an accent nail. I do love the innovative kits by Ciaté, as they are really easy to use and are something different. Here are my five favourite shades for this time of year.

Ciaté’s Jewellery Box is one of my favourite ever shades, even if it is difficult to remove. I wear a lot of black over the festive season (anything to hide those food and alcohol babies!) – and this polish jazzes up any outfit. The glitter is quite coarse. Ciaté are definitely my favourite ever nail polish brand. I think I’ll be wearing this shade over New Year’s – depending on my outfit.

Sloane Mews by Nails Inc is a gorgeous deep, vibrant purple – as opulent as its name suggests. It’s the perfect shade for a/w. In December, I find myself wearing more purples and reds. The Nails Inc brushes are unreal, they’re such a good size – large enough to apply one coat in a single sweep. This particular polish is quite thick and ends up drying like a gel, nice and glossy. To make it Christmassy, I love to add an accent nail with gold caviar.

Next up we have a festive red: Yaz Red by Shu Uemura. Red is one of those colours that can easily be worn all year round, but this is darker... I call it holly berry red. It’s also an opaque polish, so only one coat is needed.

And finally, we have my current favourites – two of the shades from the new Barry M collection: Molten Metals. Bronze Bae is more of a gold, than bronze; while Copper Mine is absolutely lush, verging on rose gold – what’s not to love? Before applying these, a couple of basecoats are needed as they are a nightmare to remove (glitter, obvs). These polishes are long-lasting and don’t chip easily. I recently sported the Copper Mine on my finger nails, while Bronze Bae is currently on my toes. I’m definitely going to buy the other shades in the collection.

What are your favourite Christmassy shades?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig