Back for buns and my Wagamama fix at Intu Lakeside

Dining, Review, Wagamama, Intu Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex, Fdbloggers
The last time I visited Wagamama at Intu Lakeside, I was invited by Voice Communications to try the new menu back in November of last year (read: New Dishes Galore at Wagamama, Intu Lakeside). When mum and I had a day of shopping planned, there was only one place we really considered going to for lunch – and that was on the boardwalk! I was in need of hirata buns and with my current dietary restrictions, the options were limited... I cannot wait to have sushi and rare steak again!

The weather was fine, so we could have eaten outside; however we went inside, where it was quite warm, but also meant we weren’t eating while people were constantly walking up and down the boardwalk in search of somewhere to eat, or to soak up the rays. We were taken to the far side of the restaurant and to a completely empty bench, which was lovely and meant there was plenty of space.
Dining, Review, Wagamama, Intu Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex, Fdbloggers
When I was at the event, we were lucky enough to try some lovely dishes, which were all new then. The fluffy hirata buns were definitely a highlight, not just with me, but the table – so we shared a portion of those. I hadn’t had the Pork Belly & Panko Apple Hirata Buns that time, so we agreed that would be a good choice. And they were – so yummy. I loved the crispy apple slice, the Japanese mayo was as good as I remembered and the pork belly, notoriously fatty, was tender and not actually fatty at all! Out of the three varieties (out of four), I have now tried, these were by far my favourite. We also shared a side of Bang Bang Cauliflower, a dish I’ve recommended to everyone since trying it before. It was spicier than I remembered, but think that was more down to my heightened senses. It was still enjoyable to pick out in readiness for the main dishes.
Dining, Review, Wagamama, Intu Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex, Fdbloggers
Dining, Review, Wagamama, Intu Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex, Fdbloggers
Mum chose the Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai, which looked lovely – so fresh and colourful. The portion size was definitely deceiving, as while it looked small, it really wasn’t and she commented on how filling it was. I decided on the Chicken Katsu Curry – something I’ve never actually ordered in Wagamama, but one of the most popular dishes on the menu. I usually opt for noodle-based dishes, but with steak and seafood out the window, this was the only dish to really catch my eye. There was definitely too much food for me, with two pieces of chicken, a mountain of rice and plenty of sauce. I regret not swapping my white rice for brown, but it was good and lived up to expectations. It’s something I’d order again.

We decided against dessert, as we were just so full – a shame, as I love the Mix It Up Mochi and even the Coconut Reika on the placemat looked tempting.

For a quick and reasonable meal, I love Wagamama and it’s perfect for everyone because there’s so much choice – whether you like your food mild or spicy, love seafood or are a vegetarian. The Lakeside branch is always good, with efficient service.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig