September Favourites

September, Favourites, BBloggers, LBloggers, AX Paris, Radox, Vaseline, Soap & Glory,
September, Favourites, BBloggers, LBloggers, AX Paris, Radox, Vaseline, Soap & Glory,
With our perfect little munchkin arriving in the middle of the month, this post will be split into two – things I loved during my pregnancy and things I’ve been loving since. I’m hoping this won’t be my last favourites post, but I won’t be going out of my way to buy and try new products – although they may now have a baby focus instead. Is this something you’d be interested in reading?

During my pregnancy
So I meant to include this dress in my August favourites, before I realised it would end up being such a lengthy post and I’d have nothing to say this month. You may have also seen the dress in this afternoon tea post. The maternity striped dress came from ASOS and I found it so comfortable and flattering – thanks to the ruching down the sides. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will fit as well post-pregnancy. A lot of my maternity clothes were stripy, which is funny, as it’s not a style I’d normally be able to pull off.

Not being able to have baths was actually a blessing in disguise – it meant I could work my way through the heaps of Soap & Glory shower products I received last Christmas! Whipped Clean is a gorgeous luxurious shower butter with such a creamy formula – it froths up so well. The scent is incredibly intense, staying on the skin for hours after, leaving my skin smooth and well moisturised. I’ll definitely buy this again.

After my pregnancy
Since I’ve been home from the hospital, I’ve been living in oversized knitwear, ready for the winter. While I’m back to better than my pre-pregnancy weight, I definitely have a mum tum – something a couple of gym sessions will be able to sort, no problem. Alfie loves attention and cuddles, so they’re also a great way to swaddle him and calm him down. My current favourite is this heart print jumper from AX Paris – it isn’t too thick, but the perfect size.

Onto skincare now and since munchkin arrived, my skin has been so unbelievably dry. Soap & Glory’s Butter Yourself lotion is ideal for after a shower or bath. I love the scent, which is fruity – but more importantly, it’s a light moisturiser that easily soaks into the skin. I am on the look-out for a new hand cream if anyone has any recommendations... I’m literally obsessed with washing my hands to ensure bubba doesn’t get ill. Similarly, my lips are constantly dry so my cocoa butter Vaseline lip therapy has been needed.

During my pregnancy, I missed not being able to have hot baths and it was actually getting to the point where I could no longer fit in the bath at home... yep, I dread to think how I’d have looked at 38 weeks, too! Obviously I’ve been taking advantage of baths since and it also gives me some time away from munchkin to look after myself (something I really need to do more because I wear rock the mum bun/no makeup look to perfection). Radox Feel Blissful bath cream is so relaxing and is the perfect product to unwind. There’s nothing better than a hot bubble bath after a long day! I already miss Lush hauls – so my Christmas list is pretty much sorted.

What were your September favourites?

Love, Lucy xx 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig