Instagram #22

Instagram, Life, Personal, Update, Social Media, LucyLocket_x
Afternoon at Cressing Barns (post) – Afternoon tea at Merrymeade House (post) – First Christmas trip to Centre: MK – ThrowbackThursday: my last day at work – Taking Alfie to see Father Christmas at Centre: MK – ThrowbackThursday: Last Christmas – Alfie’s first snow experience – Smashed a Monday night roast AND it was Insta-worthy – Christmas Party at Ragdolly Anna’s – Our first Christmas tree in our first family home – Visiting Winter Wonderland in Nottingham – Alfie enjoys tummy time

Where has this month gone? Hell, where has this year gone?! Another post I’m well behind on and I realise that this is the last day of the month and I’ve not posted Christmas, my 2017 review or my goals for next year, but things have been incredibly hectic. We hosted Christmas and have only just finished that post-visitor clean and of course, Alfie needs me for a minimum of 18 hours a day! I will try and catch up on posts, I promise! I’ll be putting less pressure on myself to post, but it does mean, this little space will take a back seat... but I will be embarking on my sixth full year of blogging, some achievement!

So, let’s talk December! I’ve linked a couple of the posts above, because I’ve already mentioned them, but feel free to have a look back. We spent most of our Mondays at Centre: MK – buying bits for the house, Christmas presents and generally having a mooch. This meant we got to take Alfie to see Father Christmas and visit the grotto (read: Meeting Father Christmas at Centre: MK).

Alfie and I spend Wednesday mornings at Astral Park in Leighton Buzzard at a mum and baby group. He’s often one of the littlest there but we still have a lovely time – and it gives me a chance to engage in adult conversation! On the last class of term, we had to dress up in festive attire and we sang Christmas songs. That same week, on the Friday, we went to the Community Centre on our estate for another Christmas party. We hadn’t attended this class before, but will do in the New Year – especially as the family opposite us go along too. The babies/toddlers received presents, while there was tea and coffee, and boozy cakes for the parents – yum! It was so much fun and at the end, there was even a snow machine. Alfie was asleep for the majority of the hour, but it was nice to get out and meet neighbours!

Of course, we also went out to buy the Christmas tree – always real, never fake – and I bought the decorations (all John Lewis): giant LED baubles, rose gold and bronze glass baubles and bell garlands. If I do say so myself, my first attempt at a tree was good – although I will be glad when we have our living room back! Alfie’s also getting at the stage where he puts things in his mouth, so I’m worrying about the needles. I’m thinking a non-drop tree next year and possibly exchanging the glass decorations for wooden ones.

And then more recently, the other side of Christmas, we drove to Nottingham to visit Winter Wonderland. You can read more in my most recent post: Winter Wonderland, Nottingham.

Thank you to everyone that has continued to read my blog and support me this year. I know I’ve been MIA for most of it, but I’m sure you understand. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year and all good things for 2018.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig