Mummy Diaries | Winter Wonderland, Nottingham

 Tuesday 19 December 2017

I have never been to Winter Wonderland in London. I’ve always wanted to go but have been put off by the price of everything (including the train fare getting there) and the hoards of people, as I’d only have been able to go at a weekend. Ash normally books Monday off work, but this week, changed his day to a Tuesday and the three of us drove to Nottingham to their equivalent of Winter Wonderland. It was only up the M1 and we made it to the Park & Ride at South Clifton – where it was free to park and only a couple of quid for the tram.

I have to say, it was a lot smaller than I was expecting and we managed to walk around and see everything in less than two hours. But it was lovely because it wasn’t busy at all and the weather was mild.
You could buy tickets for the ice rink and helter skelter, and there were a number of bars to pit stop at. We just wandered around the stalls. There were so many Christmassy treats on offer – and our first stop was I Love Ostrich for a bite to eat. It wasn’t ostrich we were after (we’d had that at the weekend), but a reindeer burger, with cheddar cheese and JD onions, served in a brioche bun. It was very nice and cooked to order in front of our eyes. I’d never had reindeer before, but it wasn’t too dissimilar to beef... I guess in reality it was just a venison burger – but tasty nonetheless.
After something savoury, of course, it was time for something sweet, so we made our way to The Waffle House. We shared a Belgian waffle with hot chocolate sauce and sliced strawberries and it was lush! The Belgian chocolate sauce was so creamy. There were also doughnuts and churros, hot roasted nuts, marshmallows on sticks and so much more. It’s a shame that the stalls were cash only, as I’m a sweet person and there was so much I wanted to try and buy.
We didn’t buy anything but the little market stalls were so cute, decorated for Christmas nicely – and the goods ranged from homemade fudge and artisan cheese, to Christmas wreaths, wooden decorations and homeware. There were some lovely Lego-inspired frames (not as good as this one), but it was all the sweets that caught my eye. Ashley, meanwhile, was interested in House of Names and found out his surname also had a French equivalent – I think we will be getting the frames for our house!

While we walked, there was even a snow machine – definitely giving me those festive feels! Alfie stayed in his buggy the whole time and slept for the majority of the afternoon, but I had a really lovely time – and could have spent even longer walking around... but for other plans later in the day. That said, we even had time to explore a bit of the city, which meant stepping into Lush for some festive treats (is it me or is the range not so good this year?!). A good afternoon all round!

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig