Recipe | Sweet Omelette with Arla Protein

Breakfast for me is usually toast or porridge. At the weekend, I may push the boat out with a bacon sarnie or stack of pancakes. But when I was sticking hard to macro counting, I found this incredible high-protein breakfast idea, perfect for someone like me with a sweet tooth. If my metabolism was half-decent, I’d probably have pop tarts or French toast every morning – I’m really not a savoury breakfast person. That said, I am partial to an omelette and that makes this dish a winner! I had good intentions of having this a few times a week... I didn’t get past week one!

Serves 1

Ingredients
·         An egg
·         1 tbs milk
·         Pinch of cinnamon
·         80g Arla Protein cottage cheese
·         80g fruit (I used Tesco frozen mixed berries)

Method
·         Beat the egg with the milk and cinnamon
·         Spray some Fry Light into a pan and cook the egg – no need to flip as the egg cooks through within minutes
·         Remove and transfer to a plate, before spreading on the cottage cheese and topping with berries
·         Roll and enjoy

This was the first time I’d tried cottage cheese and while I wasn’t too keen on the texture, it tasted better than I was expecting and it wasn’t so bad with the berries. However, if you don’t like it, Arla do a variety of yogurts in the Protein range that would equally work as well. Alternatively, if you're not looking for high protein, I recommend mascarpone.

Please let me know if you try this recipe – or any of my others. If you’re sharing on Instagram, use the hashtag #LucyLovesRecipe so I can take a look!

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig