Fakeaway | Chip Shop Cod


Now we’ve got a chip shop on our estate, it’s fast becoming my favourite takeaway (after Thai of course, but I have no idea where our nearest is!). That said, I rarely order cod and chips, as I find the cod isn’t always fresh and flaky, and the batter is often far too greasy and soggy. My version is a lot healthier – but still tasty! I served my cod with a baked sweet potato and small mixed leaf salad; however, you could make sweet potato chips or homemade chips and add a side of (mushy) peas. Hold the salt and sauces though! This recipe serves two.

Ingredients
·         2 cod fillets, skinless (if you don’t have cod, any other white fish will be fine)
·         4 tbs oats
·         1 tbs mixed herbs
·         Pinch of salt and pepper
·         1 egg
·         Your choice of accompaniments

Method
·         Blitz the oats in a food processor, until they form a coarse powder. Mix in the herbs and season. Transfer to a plate
·         On a separate plate, break and beat the egg
·         Coat the fish fillets, one at a time, first in the egg and then the oat mixture
·         Fry the fish on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side
·         Serve with your choice of sides

Please let me know if you try this recipe – or any of my others. If you’re sharing on Instagram, use the hashtag #LucyLovesRecipe so I can take a look at your creations.

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig