Meat Free Monday | Spinach, Ricotta & Asparagus Gnocchi

Meat Free Monday, Gnocchi, Pasta, Recipe, Vegetarian
Meat Free Monday, Gnocchi, Pasta, Recipe, Vegetarian
I know, I know, I’m so late to this ‘trend’ but I never realised it was actually a thing (*edit* there’s an actual Twitter account)! I thought it’d be good to cook a vegetarian meal as we always eat meat or fish and it’s such a good way to hit your five-a-day. To be honest, Alfie went through a stage of meat-free dinners, so how hard could it be? I found this recipe in the Asda magazine a few months back, but amended it slightly. My local store doesn’t always stock this freebie by the self-checkout but it’s a decent read and the recipes are inspiring. Like most of my recipes, this serves two, but can stretch to a third portion (for lunchtime leftovers).

Ingredients
·         A packet of gnocchi
·         100g ricotta
·         An onion, sliced
·         125g asparagus, trimmed and sliced
·         2 large handfuls of spinach

Method
·         Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion
·         Cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened and add the asparagus
·         Cook for a further 3-4 minutes
·         Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi, according to the packet’s instructions. Then drain
·         Put the spinach in the frying pan and allow to wilt
·         Stir in the ricotta and add 100ml water to loosen the cheese and create a sauce
·         Stir in the gnocchi, season with black pepper and serve

Please let me know if you try this recipe – or any of my others. If you’re sharing on Instagram, use the hashtag #LucyLovesRecipe so I can take a look at your creations.

Love, Lucy xx 

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig