Fashion | Workwear Haul

A new job means a new wardrobe, right? I’ve not bought clothes in ages, because maternity pay was shocking and prior to getting my new job, I was getting by on savings so couldn’t really justify spending the money. The worst part is the weight I’ve lost since having Alfie – the majority of my wardrobe is a size 12 and I’m now an 8-10, even a 6 in some shops (eek!). I’m quite lucky in my new job that there isn’t a uniform or specific dress code, but I feel I work better when I’m wearing ‘office attire’. We took a trip to CMK and I bought a couple of bits in Zara and then once home, had a browse online and Ash bought me a few bits too.
Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
 Star print blouse: Zara (£25.99)
Skinny trousers: Zara (£25.99)

It’s no secret that I absolutely love Zara and they have the best range of everyday wear and workwear – and it’s always so affordable. I picked up the trousers in khaki (they’re also available in a range of other colours), as it’s not a colour I wear often, but I’d already styled a couple of outfits in my head, with them in mind. The blouse obviously goes well with the trousers, but I hadn’t planned that at the time. It’s the nicest blouse I saw, with many of the others in prints I couldn’t pull off, or block colours I wouldn’t choose to wear! But I love blouses for work, as they look smart but are still comfortable. Flat-laying clothes is the worst, so you can’t tell from the photo that there’s a knot-tie at the bottom, which is super cute – and perfect for spring/summer.

Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
Scallop edge top: Jacqueline de Yong @ Nelly.com (£15.99)

For me, black is a standard work colour – but I loved the scallop edging on this top and have a couple of others that are fairly similar. Despite looking huge, the top isn’t really over-sized but the half-length sleeves hang so nicely. I hadn’t heard of nelly.com before, I believe they’re Scandinavian, but I would certainly bear them in mind again, particularly ahead of someone like Boohoo.

Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
Fashion, Haul, Workwear, Mum Fashion, Working Mum, Zara, New Look, Jacqueline de Yong,
Long-sleeved top: New Look (£5.99)
Checked brush skirt: New Look (£24.99)
Animal print chiffon shirt: New Look (£14.99)
High-waist tapered trousers: New Look (£19.99)

Like Zara, New Look is quite often my go-to for clothes – especially basic items like vest and long-sleeved tops, leggings or jeggings. However, when I’m shopping there, I am more inclined to buy complete outfits – which was what I did here – and you may have seen one already on Instagram (link below).

For me, those aforementioned basics are a wardrobe staple and must be purchased in a variety of colours. I picked out a black long-sleeved top this time to go with the rainbow checked skirt. The material is so soft and surprisingly light; however, because it is brushed, it appeared to moult on my other clothing, which isn’t ideal when you’re wearing a cream roll-neck. While it’s still cold, tights and ankle boots are needed, but I can’t wait to wear this without tights.

Animal print is back in! This white shirt with pink leopard print is so me and as I scrolled through the shirts and blouses page, I knew I had to have it. Paired up with the high-waist tapered trousers, it’s perfect for the office. The high-waist trousers are ideal for hiding the fact you’ve had too many office snacks and I have the tiniest mum tum. Because I am tall, they do look like they’re cropped when I wear them – but I don’t think they’re supposed to be that way? But they are comfortable and feel less smart than they look, possibly thanks to the elasticated waist.

I’ve already started to upload some outfit photos to my Instagram, not only because I need to try and keep it updated and have more of myself on there, but because like I say, flat-laying clothes is the absolute worst... what was I thinking?! As always, my social links are below.

What did you make of my haul?

Love, Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post? Let me know. Leave a comment, or find me on social!
Love, Lucy xx

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig